Monday, November 3, 2008

and her mother said, " you otta see the clown she married"

This incredibly lovely lady is Lorie and she is in her 70's. She was the first person I met when I walked into the Sonoma Avenue Church. She was the greeter that day along with her husband, Art, and she grabbed me and gave me the biggest hug.
Soon after wards I was invited to lunch at her house and I assumed we were close to the same age group, her being younger than me. We toured her lovely home then we sat down to a beautiful lunch on the patio, joined by her sister, Georgia. What a great time we had. We talked about ourselves, asking questions as people do that are just getting to know one other. She had mentioned that she was married at 17 and that her parents weren't too happy about it. Then she said she had been married over 50 years and you ought to have seen my fingers doing the math under the table trying to figure exactly how old she was.
I was thunderstruck that she was older than me because next to her I look like I have been rode hard and put away wet. She is beautiful inside as well as outside. Let her be the poster child for taking good care of yourself. Exercise, sensibly eating, keeping the mind young with constant service to the Lord, inquisitive about anything new and trying new things out are the activities I see her involved in most. Rock on Lorie!!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hey a friend of mine came over Halloween night after taking their kids to the trunk or treat and I remember you guys said your church does this as well. Sounded fun and I can see there trunks are all decorated...very fun idea. What is the name of the gal who lives by me, I forget. I hope she calls, would be fun to meet her. hey you follow us on here it will show on your dash board when a new blog has been added. So add us and it makes it easier to follow.

CarJax said...

Lorie is a lovely lady - inside and out. So glad God brought you together. He is so good. Blessings, Jax

P-Dot said...

Her name is Tammi (y). I know she is under a lot of pressure and I am praying that she will call.
The Trunk or Treat idea isn't new but I hadn't heard of it until I came here. Could be the difference in weather at this time of year.
And yes, Lorie is gorgeous. She has such a sweet spirit.