This is a Senior Stripper named Tempest....
While out shopping this week, I saw an much older lady with soooooo many things wrong with the way she was dressed. She had not had an age appropriate check in a long time. Right down to a toe ring on poorly manicured feet with toes that were all gnarled up. I have never claimed to be a fashion-ista but this poor soul was obviously confused about how old she was now.
Then today I received this from Attebetty and I just had to say something.
Many of us over 50, W-AAAAY over 50, are quite confused about how we should present ourselves. We're unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current fashion.
In spite of what you may have seen on the streets, the following
combinations DO NOT go together and should be avoided:
1. A nose ring and bifocals
2. Spiked hair and bald spots
3. A pierced tongue and dentures
4. Miniskirts and support hose
5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads
6. Speedo's and cellulite
7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
10. Pierced nipples that hang below the waist
11. Bikinis and liver spots
12. Short shorts and varicose veins .
13. Inline skates and a walker
And the ultimate 'Bad Taste' in fashion for the older folks...
14. Thongs and Depends
Please keep these basic guidelines foremost in your mind when you shop.
WORST CASE ....thinking that joining a nudist colony would be a good idea.